The Co-Op program is an elective, one-term program offered to final year students. It aims to help students gain practical work experience in an engineering company, explore career opportunities, and prepare for the school-to-work transition.
- Confirmed Co-Op Projects: click here (Requires login)
- Duration: 5~7 months. Students may work as a full-time staff at a company in either the Fall term (ca. July to January next year) or Spring term (ca. Jan to July). The exact period needs to be mutually decided by the company and student.
- The Co-Op program bears 6 credits, which will be used to substitute Final Year capstone Project (FYP).
- Students will tackle real projects and be assigned two supervisors, one from the company and the other from the department.
- Students may receive an allowance or salary, solely determined by the company.
- Graduation may not be deferred (The department will try to offer substitute courses and work with the student to come up with a plan of study).
- Usually, Co-Op programs are open for application in May. After interviews by the companies, students will be notified if they are offered a Co-Op position by late August.
- Students are strongly discouraged to change their decision once they have accepted an offer from a company.
- Participating companies include: CLP, Towngas, ASB Biodiesel, and Dunwell Chemicals. Quota: 5~10.
Student's performance will be assessed by both the company and department, based on their working attitude and effort, progress reports, final thesis and presentation.