|How to Apply
Applicants seeking admission to a research degree program should satisfy the following minimum entrance requirements and demonstrate their English ability to undertake the research
Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- hold a relevant Bachelor's degree with first or second class honours, or equivalent qualification, in a relevant Science or Engineering disciplines from a recognized university; or
- hold a taught Master's degree or equivalent qualification, in a relevant Science or Engineering discipline from a recognized university.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- hold a relevant Bachelor's degree with first or second class upper honours, or equivalent qualification, in a relevant Science or Engineering discipline from a recognized university; or
- hold a Master's degree, or equivalent qualification, in a relevant Science or Engineering discipline from a recognized university which includes a research thesis.
Fulfill the English Language requirements with one of the following proficiency attainments:
|Overall score: 6.5 and All sub-scores: 5.5
- If your first language is not English, and your bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification was not awarded by an institution where the medium of instruction was English, you will need to fulfill these English Language requirements.
Submitting an Application
Applicants should submit their applications through the Online Admissions System. Non-local applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible in order to allow sufficient time to obtain a visa for studying in Hong Kong. More details of the application can be found in the "Admission Requirements" and "Application" tabs of Bioengineering program page.
For BIEN MPhil & PhD Programs, please send an email to BIEN Program Office.