Security Access to Faculty Laboratories
- PG students and staff can have access to their own faculty laboratory 24 hours a day.
- Non-CBE researchers do not have electronic access to the faculty laboratories except with special permission by the supervising faculty.
- UG students (who have work permits to faculty laboratory) do not have electronic access to the laboratories, but can be admitted into the laboratory by supervising laboratory mates.
- A "graduate in waiting" refers to UG students who have completed all the requirements for graduation and awaiting the actual ceremony/official degree. This person can be considered as a graduate for admin/safety purposes and can have electronic access to their own faculty laboratory.
Security Access to Common laboratories
Individual permission and the laboratory’s availability are given based on the experimental nature and the needs of the researcher.
- PG and staff can access the laboratory 24 hours a day.
- Non-CBE researchers can only access the laboratory during office hours (9:00 am to 5:33 pm).
- FYP/FYT students
- Allowed to work/access PI labs: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, Monday to Saturday (except public holidays).
- Condition when working outside office hours
- Working outside office hours is only permitted with the advance written approval by the faculty supervisor.
- Under no circumstance can one be allowed in the lab after 9:00 pm or on Sundays or public holidays.
- Students need to get a new approval every week, with a notice application of at least one weekend in advance. An email should be sent to (1) faculty supervisor, (2) all the team members, (3) lab mentor(s) (the PG student or research staff), and (4) the technical officer responsible for the faculty lab.
- Other UG status researchers (UROP, RA, PA, exchange students, interns) can only access the laboratory during office hours. (9:00 am to 5:33 pm)
- Graduates in waiting with a departmental status can access the laboratory 24 hours a day.
Do not Work Alone
No one is allowed to work alone in the faculty laboratories for safety reasons.
However, if anyone is working in the common laboratory alone, please inform someone else in another laboratory in the same service corridor. In case of an emergency, there will then be someone nearby you for assistance.
All UG students must always be supervised by an assigned TA / PG student or faculty in the laboratory.